The preliminary lifestyle survey plays a critical role when personal trainers first meet a new client. We found out what three of the biggest gym chains personal trainers ask their clients and – more importantly – why? We built a 20-question lifestyle survey based on our findings and digitized them in order to expedite the daily logistics of personal training and reduce paper waste!
The main purpose of the lifestyle survey is to create a client baseline:
- Get to know a new client
- Get an accurate picture of his or her current life situation
- Find out the client’s goals
- Use the information obtained as a sales tool
All major gym chains have standardized lifestyle analysis templates for trainers to use upon meeting a new client in order to maintain consistency in quality and professionalism. We discovered that these forms were almost all similar in their structure across locations.
At the request of the gym chains, we created a new 19 multiple-choice questionnaire plus one free-response field branching from one of the more general questions and divided the form as follows:
- Six questions about exercise habits
- Four questions about eating habits
- Four questions about wellness goals
- Three questions about everyday life and work
- Three other questions
Interested in the TE3 Pro application? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more info!